Join Our Team
Who We Are
Creating Connection – Couples & Family Therapy is the largest and thriving privately operated counselling clinic in Timmins, ON. Our clinic is located downtown Timmins on Third ave. Creating Connection CFT offers couples, family and individual counselling and psychotherapy. We pride ourselves in being warm, competent and professional, offering our clients premium quality service in a comfortable and trusting atmosphere. Our values are Connection, Compassion, Support, Growth & Acceptance. Creating Connection is a team of Registered Psychotherapists, Registered Psychotherapists (qualifying) and Registered Social Workers who offers high-quality specialized counselling services.
Currently accepting applications for:
- Full-time Therapist
- Conduct initial client assessments with clients to gather relevant information about their mental health history, concerns, and goals.
- Collaborate with supervising therapists to develop individualized treatment plans for clients, setting specific goals and intervention strategies.
- Provide psychotherapy services to clients, using evidence-based therapeutic techniques and approaches to address their mental health needs.
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records, including progress notes, treatment plans, and assessments, in compliance with ethical and legal standards.
- Educate clients about mental health issues, coping strategies, and self-care techniques to empower them in managing their mental health.
- Participate in regular supervision sessions with licensed therapists to receive feedback, guidance, and professional development opportunities.
- Cultivate cultural competence by adapting therapy approaches to meet the unique needs of clients from diverse backgrounds, respecting their cultural beliefs and values.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research, best practices, and therapeutic techniques through ongoing training, workshops, and professional development opportunities.
Qualifications & Eligibility:
- Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology or Social Work
- Registered Psychotherapist (qualifying) (CRPO) or Registered Social Worker (OCSWSSW) in good standing.
- Specialty training or certification to work with a specific population or therapeutic modality such as EFT,couple & family therapy, trauma processing therapy, child therapy, play therapy, DBT, EMDR, IFS, Gottman Method
- Must have a vulnerable sector and criminal record check
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Act in accordance with provincial regulatory (CRPO) or (OCSWSSW) ethics and professional behaviour at all times.
- Recognize the limits of your training. Practice within the boundaries of your knowledge and skill base and seek out supervised experiences.
- Foundational understanding of ethical obligations as a mental health practitioner in Ontario.
- Practice Safe and Effective Use of Self (SEUS)
Hours of Work: flexible – must be available in-office for a minimum 2 days/week and able to see 4-5 clients/shift
Send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Connect With Us